2014 was a great year for us at Jam Origin. The reception of MIDI Guitar has been overwhelmingly positive and we have been thrilled by the feedback from users. Meanwhile, we’ve had a whole year to do our research and we have been able to devote it entirely to new developments of technology that will power the next generation of audio/midi solutions.
We plan to release the following products in 2015:
- MIDI Guitar 2.0.
This update will be free for all customers.
The App Store/Mac Store cousins MIDI Guitar for iOS and MIDI Guitar for Garageband might get an update too.
- MIDI Bass 0.2 BETA.
Tracking and performance improvements, plus most of the new features of MG 2.0.
- MIDI Violin 0.1 BETA.
More info will be available via our mailing list.
- And one more thing… a new kind of thing… for guitarists.
More info will appear on this site, but for more info on joining beta’s and for notification about all of our releases, please consider signing up to our mailing list.
Wishing you all a great 2015!
MIDI Guitar for GarageBand is now available on the Mac App Store version. It is a limited version of the full MIDI Guitar product intended for GarageBand or Logic users who like to keep things simple and for those who like their software to be officially released by Apple though the Mac App Store. It’s also the lowest cost entry to the world of MIDI Guitars at a fraction of the price of a hardware setup.
More info at its product page.
Throughout the last year MIDI Guitar have matured though very extensive BETA testing and since the latest versions have been stable for most in terms of compatibility and as more customers have expressed the need to use MIDI Guitar in production environments, we found it a good occasion to release version 1.0.
Although tracking quality is very impressive for most guitar setups it still has a few issues for others. We feel we have headroom for more improvements in this respect and our ongoing pursuit for tracking improvements will continue in versions 1.x.
- MIDI Guitar is now out of BETA status.
- This release is identical to 0.9.7 in terms of tracking and features.
- Your MIDI Guitar settings (i.e. “Projects” and “Recognition Presets”) will be valid in all future updates.
Help testing and download early BETA version today (no questions asked).
- Fixed issue introduced in 0.9.6 where pitch sensitivity values would be wrong. This cause bad recognition if (and only if) version 0.9.6 is the first version of MIDI Guitar you have used.
- Fixed issues with setting pitch sensitivity sliders.
Improved handling of changing Projects with new full screen overlay.
MIDI Program Change fixes.
MIDI Learn fixes.
Fixed freeze on startup in some cases.
Fixed issues with pitch sensitivity when changing tuning.
- New “Microtonal” MIDI Machine for playing microtonal music.
- Fixed plugin GUI issues in Ableton Live 9.
- Fixed missing warning labels for sample rate and buffer size.
- Fixed a crash bug in MIDI Machine.
- Improved built-in help with index pages.
Fixed compatibility problems with some VST plugins.
CPU usage meter and warning about lack of CPU power.
Checking for updates is optional.
Pitch bend enable/disable parameter.
AudioUnit MIDI Output support. Not supported in most DAWS.
Fixed issue with instrument and effect programs not being set correctly when loading a project.
Hope you like it. We are going to add more information on these pages as we approach MIDI Guitar version 1.0.